Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Big Big Steps!







Oh my god you guys! While Isabel and I are in New York City enjoying Legally Blonde: The Musical, A Chorus Line, shopping, sightseeing and just generally loving The Big Apple, the house is actually turning into a real house! It’s really exciting to see something that we’ve only seen as line drawings come to life in 3-D. Isabel and I took the train from Pittsburgh into New York City. It was a great way to get to the city.
This week the construction took giant leaps forward with the roof framing on each wing and interior framing of the bathrooms, closets and the master bedroom. While Art was figuring the order for the trusses, he decided to configure the upstairs so that we have two giant storage areas. Shout out to Art!
You’ll notice that there is a giant tree in the middle of the house. This is the signature style of Yellowstone Log Homes and it’s a really cool look. In fact in the lower level of the house the bottom half of the same tree will help support the house.
This week’s pictures were taken with David’s cell phone since I have the camera here in NYC with me. I can’t wait to see it in person!

No comments: